Warrens Office is committed to action to prevent climate change and to preserve the environment. We are very proud of our ISO14001 and Carbon Smart Gold accreditations.
We recognise that positive action is important to the local community. We have signed up to the Winchester Declaration of Climate Change and we are a member of the Winchester Action on Climate Change group. We have also reduced our carbon footprint by 7.5% and we provide green services to our customers.
Our target for 2019 is to maintain our carbon footprint reduction and to make sure that our environmental impact is at the lowest possible level.
We will achieve this target by taking positive action, including:
- Working with environmentally responsible suppliers.
- Working with furniture suppliers who offer a no-packaging option.
- Reusing office furniture by cutting down metal frames to size and putting new tops on desks.
- Recycling office chairs.
- Continuing our policy of replacing our fleet with greener vehicles.
- Cycle to work scheme and indoor cycle storage and showers for our staff.
- Switch off scheme and gradual replacement with LED lighting.
- Minimising the use of energy, water and natural resources.
- Avoiding printing through email, double monitors and projectors, as well as using both sides of paper we do need to print.
- Extensive recycling and using a waste for energy scheme.
- Avoiding the use of hazardous materials, where possible.
- Preventing environmental damage and minimising nuisance factors, such as noise and air pollution.
- Regular environmental awareness training for staff and managers.
- Ensuring that we are prepared and ready to prevent environmental non-conformities and deal with potential environmental emergencies.
Our environmental impact is under constant review as we strive to reduce our carbon footprint and to minimise the effect of our business on the environment. This Policy will also be reviewed annually. Decisions are taken at Board level and there is a management-down approach. All our staff are on board and support us. After all, it makes good business sense!